Nursing and Midwifery Excellence-UK (NAME-UK) is an informal network of UK health care organisations and individuals who are interested in pursuing Magnet® or Pathway to Excellence® recognition with the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
We aim to support each other with our respective journeys and to provide a space for learning, debate and discussion. The group is free to join and meetings are typically sponsored and hosted by one of the NHS organisations within the membership. Each member pays for their own travel expenses.
We are hosted by the Oxford Institute of Nursing, Midwifery & Allied Health Research. You can find out more about OxINMAHR by clicking this link
Organisational members of the group include:
- Oxford University Hospital
- Nottingham University Hospitals
- Northampton General Hospitals
- Oxford Health
- West Hertfordshire Hospitals
- NHS Grampian
- The Holly Private Hospital (part of the Aspen Group)
- Oxford Brookes University
- University of Birmingham
- Robert Gordon University
In April 2017, we hosted our first exciting conference in Birmingham, UK, focused on ‘International bench-marking’. The event was free to attend and was generously sponsored by Health Education England.
Speakers included colleagues from the USA, Saudi Arabia, Belgium, Spain, and Germany and, of course, UK.
Presentations from International Benchmarking & Recognition Conference held in Birmingham on 28 April 2017 can be found by clicking this link and the visual record of the event created by John Ashton from Crackerjack can be accessed via this link
For further information contact Sue Robertson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Details of further conferences and educational activities will be posted on this website.
Our current projects include work on how to interpret the MagnetÒ Standards for the UK and a project that aims to develop midwife sensitive indicators.
We have a Research Sub-Group to which members with a strong interest in research, and who are keen to work with colleagues, are invited to join.
- Professor Debra Jackson (Oxford University Hospitals & Oxford Institute of Nursing, Midwifery & Allied Health Research)
- Professor Judith Tanner (University of Nottingham)
- Dr Joanne Cooper (Nottingham University Hospitals)
- Dr. Pauline Milne, MBE (NHS Improvement)
- Dr. Sue Haines (Nottingham University Hospitals)
- Dr. Kerry Jones (Nottingham University Hospitals)
- Professor Debbie Carrick-Sen (University of Birmingham)
- Ms Sarah Stephenson (Oxford University Hospitals)
- Professor Dickon Weir-Hughes (Oxford University Hospitals & Oxford Institute of Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Research) (Chair).
We meet about every 8 weeks. Each meeting has an identical format with the Research Sub-Group meeting from 10:00-12:00 and the main meeting starting at 12:00 (with lunch) and finishing at 15:45.
If you or your organisation would like to join us please email the Chair, Professor Dickon Weir-Hughes email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter: @NAME_UK2017